- The ROM is installed on SD card
- Must use Linux command line to install the ROM, and also many steps to done that.
- It’s hard for newbies to try it!
Here we rebuilt the ROM and move it to onboard eMMC storage this time: just one-stop upgrade operation.
Check Firmware Page to download the ROM, and here is some info:
- Version: Vim_Ubuntu-16.04_V170102.7z
- LXDE desktop enviroment
- Rootfs is based on Balbes150’s ROM
- Rebuilt U-Boot and Linux kernel to match Khadas VIM
- Rebuilt to support eMMC upgrade
- Account info:
- User: root
- Password: khadas
- You can create your new admin user to suit your taste after booting
- Videos playback is not very smooth, and cannot play 4K videos (will upgrade it in future)
- Need resize the rootfs partition manually by running
resize2fs /dev/rootfswith root user
Our team are also building Ubuntu Mate, which is based on a more friendly Gnome desktop environment, and will release demo version soon. Here is the draft build from scratch instruction